7 Responses

Page 1 of 1
  1. Simon
    Simon December 7, 2011 at 8:21 am | | Reply

Victoria my dearest friend,
    You are a wonderful person…..
    Pure, unadulterated distilled southern sweetness.
    Having established those facts on the public record, I must admit to living the same “fears”.
    Not the fear of complications, many of which I have faced, not the fear of living with a chronic illness for years to come but the overbearing fear of doing all of that alone.
    Thank you for your post, whoever “that” lucky someone is, he will love you for the open, honest and caring person you are and not because or despite anything else.
    You are beautifully and wonderfully made, exactly as you are, in all your imperfections and character traits

2. Leighann of D-Mom Blog
    Leighann of D-Mom Blog December 7, 2011 at 9:28 am | | Reply

I still cry EVERY time I see this video!

It hits me on so many levels.

3. Scott K. Johnson
    Scott K. Johnson December 7, 2011 at 9:31 am | | Reply

Powerful post Victoria.

I think worry about being alone is there for all of us – married, involved, or not. But there are amazing friends, partners, spouses out there that do love us for who we are. Diabetes and all.

Be patient young grasshopper. God has big plans for you and your love life. :-)

4. Steph
    Steph December 7, 2011 at 10:24 am | | Reply

That was a powerful song…honestly, I wasn’t expecting it out of the Jonas Brothers :)
    I agree though, I think when friends start getting married (having babies…) its the thought that starts creeping into our minds anyway…add complicated life issues and its a real thought, what if someone won’t ever stick around for the good AND the bad?

5. Mike Hoskins
    Mike Hoskins December 7, 2011 at 2:58 pm | | Reply

You are not alone, Victoria. We love you. And like Scott said, that sense of being alone hits all us in various ways and it’s a straight-to-the-heart sensation. That person is out there. You’re an incredible wordsmith and awesome person who simply rocks… and all of that is what you’ll find someone seeing in you. Diabetes will just be a part of the fun adventures.

6. Lauren
    Lauren December 7, 2011 at 6:22 pm | | Reply

wow thank you for sharing this video! I loved it. I know the HOlidays can make people feel a certain way, but we in the DOC are always here for you!

7. PrincessLadyBug
    PrincessLadyBug December 11, 2011 at 11:50 am | | Reply

Nick Jonas has made me cry more than once. If you get a chance, listen to the song “A Little Bit Longer”. He wrote it about being diagnosed. And now he’s made me cry again. I had never seen the video for this song (despite the fact that it’s on my MP3 player). Yup, I’m a Jonas fan. Go ahead & tease I don’t care. :)

You’re not going to be alone. Some very smart man is going to come along one day soon & sweep you off your feet. You’re gorgeous, intelligent, witty, and fun to be around. A faulty pancreas is nothing compared to that.

And yes, I’m aware of the hypocrisy of that statement when I’m plagued by the same fear. Does the fact that we all feel that way mean we really aren’t? I sure hope so.