Hi sweet friends. I’m sorry about my absence as of late. My life has been overwhelmingly busy. Most of you know I’ve moved, so that’s taken its fair share of time. Plus, it’s summer and things have been popping up left and right. Long gone are the lazy days of summer spent at the creek under a shade tree. (Oh, to be 9 years old again.) Maybe by the time our Indian Summer rolls around later this month or next, I’ll be able to slow down a bit.
Please know I’m still around, just with less time to blog. For those of you who’ve sent emails checking in, thank you. I’m going to be a bit lazy today and highlight the past few weeks in bullet points. Please forgive me, and I promise to return again soon — or at least as soon as I catch my breath.
- I am finally completely moved into my new home. While it was an adjustment (and still is), I’m beginning to truly appreciate the benefits of having roommates. I’m thankful for each of these ladies God has placed in my life. I would appreciate prayers as we continue to adjust to this new environment. If you include the dogs, there are seven females in this house which means that’s a whole host of emotions and hormones. But I am really enjoying these ladies and can already see how they are changing my heart in glorious ways.
- I’m still riding and training for September, but it’s not been my priority as I’ve moved. I have a tremendously long way to go, but I’m about to kick it up a notch thanks to a friend who’s decided to be my personal coach. If you’d like to read up on my training or donate toward the Ride, you can click here to visit my JDRF page.
- My plane tickets for the September trip have been purchased! There’s no turning back now; that’s for sure. I would still very much covet your prayers over this trip. You can read a little about the journey here. If you’d like to donate toward the trip, you can read how to do that here as well.
- This little bug turned 2 years old while I’ve been away! I can’t believe it. Two! Where does the time go? I wasn’t able to go home for her birthday party, but as you can see from the finger in her mouth, she enjoyed the cake. I’m told she swiped a taste with her finger in between opening presents. How adorable is this child? Since she can’t read, I can safely tell you I plan to make up for missing her party by bringing home a Power Wheels Barbie Jeep. But shhhh, don’t tell her.
- One benefit to being overwhelmingly busy is not having time to think about my looming birthday. (Hint: I’m turning 30 in six weeks, and I’m not handling it especially well!) I’m throwing myself a dinner party to help make it a celebratory occasion even though the thought of being 30 sends pains to my heart. I know it seems silly to be sad about a birthday, but I can’t seem to shake it. I’m hoping a giant backyard shrimp boil with friends will help.
- As much as I share my life on this site, there’s quite a bit of personal stuff I keep to myself. In breaking that pattern for a moment, I would appreciate your prayers for my family right now. My grandmother was admitted to the hospital over the weekend. She developed a minor infection and became dehydrated. So far, the fluids have helped tremendously, and the antibiotics are doing exactly what they are supposed to do. Because of her age, we pay a little closer attention to minor things. Would you pray for her healing and recovery, and that the Lord’s will be done in her life? She’s one tough cookie, that’s for sure. But also, would you pray for my mother? She’s on the road constantly to help look after her mother, so prayers for safe travels would be wonderful. Thank you, friends.
- The Roche media summit just happened, but I’m sure you are far more up-to-date on it than I am. Several friends attended so to learn more, visit Kim, Sara, Chris or Bob (just to name a few). I’m looking forward to catching up on my reading soon. Another bad part of being busy — longer Google Reader lists.
- And perhaps the biggest downside to being busy is not having adequate time to keep up with you! I miss my friends that live inside my computer. Please, leave a comment and let me know how life is going for you. Send me an email (victoria[at]victoriacumbow[dot]com) or a tweet @victoriacumbow and fill me in on what’s going on with you. I have been so selfishly driven lately, and I want to break that ugly trend. So update me on your life! Please!
Thanks for being patient with me. I swear, I have the best readers and friends in the world. And thanks for the prayers. I have sure felt them lately!