6 Responses

Page 1 of 1
  1. Scott K. Johnson
    Scott K. Johnson January 3, 2013 at 3:28 pm | | Reply

Oh sheesh, Victoria. You had me on the edge of my seat while reading this. I’m sorry.

I’m glad you were able to get through it alright and that you had loved ones around you.

2. Sarah Holbrook
    Sarah Holbrook January 3, 2013 at 6:49 pm | | Reply

My most memorable low was when I was probably about ten or so and I had a friend over and we were outside playing and all of a sudden it hit me. I think I yelled it was time to go in, my mom was asleep and my sister was watching television. I checked my blood sugar and the meter said “LO below 18″ I was pretty calm at this piont but everything was fuzzy. I asked my sister to get me juice and she complained because she always had to get me juice when I was low.

3. Jasmine
    Jasmine January 4, 2013 at 3:58 am | | Reply

Seriously, my stomach was turning as I was reading this. I’m so glad you were ok!

My most memorable low was about six months after I was diagnosed. My husband and I were sleeping in the basement of our house because it was so hot upstairs. I woke up with my alarm, went upstairs and sat down on the couch. I knew something was wrong but I couldn’t put my finger on why I felt so weird. I had very atypical symptoms. But, I tested and was at 32. I immediately became terrified because my husband was still asleep in the basement with a fan on and wouldn’t have been able to hear me if I needed help. I managed to treat it myself and everything was fine, but I’ve never forgotten that morning.

4. Kim
    Kim January 4, 2013 at 5:17 pm | | Reply

AHH! I want to throw sugar at my laptop, even though I know it won’t do one bit of good. Am I ever glad you were coherent and with those who know you and what you need!

5. Sara
    Sara January 5, 2013 at 2:20 pm | | Reply

Dude! That sounded so scary!

Do your roommates know how to use the glucagon in case the next time is not at home?!

6. Jeff
    Jeff January 31, 2013 at 6:53 am | | Reply

¬°Scarymente! I’m glad you’re okay.

The scariest low happened about a year ago less than an hour after eating dinner. Lisa was away, and I was just hanging on. Although I’m not sure ever went below the mid 30s, I was dripping sweat and feeling quite disoriented and terrified at the same time. I’ve never quite had a low like that before.

Victoria Cumbow She Reads Truth Crazy Love by Francis Chan You Can Do This Project Diabetes Advocates Diabetes Social Media Advocacy Life for a Child Amazima Ministries Matt Chandler's sermons and book The War Eagle Reader (in)courage Annie Blogs Pete Wilson's blog and book Featured in Best of the 'Betes Blogs

DiaBeatThis on Facebook